WHAT HAPPENS AT YOUR FIRST CONSULTATION
At the Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine – BCRM, we know that coming to a Fertility Clinic for the first time can be daunting, here’s what to expect:
- During your first consultation, you will meet your Specialist Fertility consultant, your medical history will be explored. This will cover your social, family, menstrual, reproductive, drug and surgical history.
- The results and implications of any Fertility tests will be discussed. Usually, a Fertility ultrasound scan is performed during the first consultation to provide insight into the health of your uterus and ovaries.
- Further investigations or tests may be needed to reach a diagnosis, this will be discussed in detail if necessary and results communicated to you.
- Our assessment will determine what advice or treatment options to offer you, and will be tailored to your particular situation.
- Your first consultation is also an opportunity to ask any questions you may have and to discuss any concerns.
- We take time to explain things to you in detail and also have patient support counsellors if required.
To book your first consultation, please contact us on 0117 301 8605 or 0117 4146888. You can also email: info@BCRM.org.uk