Egg Donation Treatment
In certain cases, the use of donor eggs offers the best, and in some circumstances the only, way ahead. For example, egg donation is needed for women who suffer a premature menopause. This condition affects:
- 1 in 100 women by the age of 40
- 1 in 1000 women who are still in their twenties
It is also an important option for women with a high-risk of passing on a serious genetic disease through their own eggs.
Using donor eggs may be the best option for:
- Older women with pre-menopausal ovarian failure or insufficiency
- Younger women with a low ovarian reserve
- Women with poor quality egg
- Women who have lost their ovaries following surgery or removal of cysts
Thanks to great advances in treating childhood cancer, we are now seeing a growing number of surviving women who are cured and healthy, but infertile. We offer egg donation treatment up to the age of 50.
Egg Donation treatment is combined with IVF or ICSI.
We recruit our egg donors and run an active egg donation programme.