Book an Appointment
Who performs the consultation and assessments?
You will see one of our Fertility Consultants, and can request to see a specific member of the team who are all recognised experts in the field. We will be able to assess your personal situation, explaining everything you need to know in the strictest confidence.
Do I need a GP referral?
A referral letter is helpful but not essential. Your GP, or any specialist, can refer you directly to us. We will write to your GP (with your consent) following the consultation.
On what days can I make an appointment?
We hold consultation appointments Monday - Friday and the first Saturday of the month.
What happens at your first consultation?
At the Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine – BCRM, we know that coming to a Fertility Clinic for the first time can be daunting, here’s what to expect:
- During your first consultation, you will meet your Specialist Fertility consultant, your medical history will be explored. This will cover your social, family, menstrual, reproductive, drug and surgical history.
- The results and implications of any Fertility tests will be discussed. Usually, a Fertility ultrasound scan is performed during the first consultation to provide insight into the health of your uterus and ovaries.
- Further investigations or tests may be needed to reach a diagnosis, this will be discussed in detail if necessary and results communicated to you.
- Our assessment will determine what advice or treatment options to offer you, and will be tailored to your particular situation.
- Your first consultation is also an opportunity to ask any questions you may have and to discuss any concerns.
- We take time to explain things to you in detail and also have patient support counsellors if required.
To book your first consultation, please contact us on 0117 259 1159 or complete the enquiry form below and a member of our team will get back to you.